The human muscle that can exert the most force is the masseter or jaw muscle. The maximum force of a human bite is about 2,500 N. In dogs it is about 6,900 N. Crocodiles have 16,550 N bite force! Pretty impressive.
Even so, others may bite back…
…. to include:
- Updated exemplar Science based EPQ essays.
- How sources of information can be accessed via LRC links on FROG. This tool is SUPERB.
|Tues 17th||Wed 18th||Thurs 19th|
|Period 1||LM Sc 3||LM Sc 3|
|Period 2||DC Sc 5||NJE Sc 10|
|Period 3||NJE MfL 1||LM Sc 3|
|Period 4||LM Sc 7|
The Science Department are at a conference today so the revision timetable will continue from Tuesday 17th June. The the timetable will be posted before the end of the day.
Publication Date: 9 Dec 2008 | ISBN-10: 0435691902 | ISBN-13: 978-0435691905 | Edition: 1
Produced in partnership with OCR for the 2008 OCR A Level Biology specification, this Student Book offers accessible and engaging material, and focus on the integration of How Science Works to help students understand the underlying principles of science.
- OCR Biology terminology is used throughout to ensure students are acquainted with the type of vocabulary used in the exams.
- Structured in line with the OCR specification with exciting content presented as double page spreads to help students easily assimilate and locate information.
- Stretch and Challenge sections throughout the book support this part of the specification.
- Plenty of worked examples and exam-style questions demonstrate how to approach complex questions.
- Contains learning objectives within the spreads, taken from the specification, as well as questions to test understanding and knowledge.
- FREE Exam Café CD-ROM, containing an array of student-friendly study, revision and exam preparation tools to support students and enable them to prepare thoroughly for their exams.
|Period 1||Period 2||Period 3||Period 4||Period 5|
|Mon 9th||NJE Sc 8||LM Meet in Science||NJE MfL 6|
|Tues 10th||LM Sc 3||NJE Sc 11||LM Meet in Science|
|Wed 11th||DC Sc 5||DC Sc 5|
|Thurs 12th||DC Sc 5||LM Sc 3||DC Sc 5|
|Fri 13th||DC Sc 5|